HANDMADE IN TORONTO

Thursday 17 January 2013

Project beginnings...

Blog entry #4.  Finally, after so many years, it seems I've become comfortable with the medium!  I realize I do have lots to share, and I hope that it may be of interest to some people out there.  Maybe to help people to better understand what goes into running a creative small business, or to inspire a few to pursue an idea for a business of their own.  I'd love to hear from anyone who happens upon this blog, and feels like piping in with a comment.  I'm always so shy to comment on other people's blogs, but I think this is silly, as people love to know that their contributions to the blogosphere are being enjoyed.    The idea of the possibility of having a conversation with potential readers is something that really excites me, and would bring a new dimension to, what can sometimes feel like, a bit of a lonely pursuit.

So, I thought I'd post a sneak preview of a new project that I'm working on today.   I'm not going to say what the actual end result will be, as I think its going to be pretty cool and worthy of a reveal!! The pieces will be ready in a couple of weeks and I'll definitely post then.


These are my drawings for the project...
All Canadiana and mostly food...not your usual Marmalade fare, but definitely cute!

The fabric is currently on order, hopefully it turns out nice, then production can begin!
xo Kate


3 comments:

  1. Kate, LOVE the new blog and site! Nice work. Will definitely keep reading. Hope it brings lots of new fans and customers. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Marmalade fan and got my 1st piece at the OOAK show this past holiday! I am loving your blog, Kate! Cannot wait to see the fruition of your new peoject and your new studio! Sending good vibes your way! Cheers! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! I really appreciate your kind words, and good vibes!

      Delete